Watermelon Summer Balsamic Salad
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 6 cups watermelon, seeded and cut into ½-inch bites
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced into rounds
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ red onion, sliced into ½ circles
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 Sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, add the balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium-low, stirring occasionally until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Add in the honey and stir to combine. Remove from heat. (The balsamic reduction should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.) Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add watermelon, cucumber, vegan feta cheese, red onion, mint, and lime juice. Toss to combine.
- Top with salt, pepper and the balsamic glaze. This salad is best served the same day.