VEGAN BUFFLO EXPLODING BELL PEPPERS
VEGAN BUFFALO EXPLODING BELL PEPPERS
SERVING 3 CALORIES 203
3 bell peppers
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 x 400g tins kidney or black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 small tin, approx 150g of sweetcorn, drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- To serve
- Vegan cashew cheese sauce
- Optional extras: Guacamole, salsa etc.
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F.
- Chop the bell peppers in half and remove the seeds. Add to a roasting tin and drizzle with olive oil. Cook for approximately 15-20 minutes until slightly browned and softened but still firm enough to retain it's shape.
- Meanwhile, add the garlic, onion and a small splash of water to a frying pan. Cook on a medium heat for a minute, then add the chili powder and beans. Add some more water (about a tabelspoon or two) and cook for a few minutes, until the beans are softened and moist. Partially mash them with a fork or masher so you have a chunky bean paste.
- Stir in the chopped tomato, sweetcorn and salt & pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into the pepper halves and return to the oven for another 5-8 minutes, just to warm through.
- Serve hot with the vegan cashew cheese sauce drizzled on top. Enjoy!