Tribal Spicy Loaded Pasilla Peppers
- 4 medium pasilla peppers
- 3 tsp. avocado oil, divided
- 12 oz. vegan chorizo (non-vegan may use regular chorizo)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 cups Vevan P’Jack-Shred (Choose your cheese to your liking)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Green salsa
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
- Vegan sour cream (optional)
- Place peppers directly on a rack in the mid to upper portion of the oven. Broil on high until they are slightly charred but soft enough to cut through, approx. 3–4 minutes. Remove peppers from oven and cut a slit lengthwise down the middle of each. Remove seeds with a spoon. Set aside.
- Set oven to bake at 400°F.
- In a medium skillet, heat 2 tsp. oil over med-high heat. When oil is hot, add chorizo and cook according to package directions. Add garlic, corn and rice, and cook for an additional 4–5 minutes. Remove pan from heat and add Vevan P’Jack-Shred. Stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Brush the peppers with the remaining oil. Stuff peppers with chorizo mixture, place on a lined cookie sheet and bake on middle rack for 20–25 minutes, until peppers are soft and cooked through.
- Drizzle each pepper with green salsa and sprinkle with red onion and additional optional toppings.