Tofu Scramble With Kale and Sweet Potatoes
- 1 small sweet potato, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 14-ounce package extra firm tofu, drained and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cups baby kale
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the sweet potato cubes in a large skillet, and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer three minutes. Pour out all the water.
- Add the olive oil and onions. Sauté on medium-high heat for seven minutes. Add the crumbled tofu, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and turmeric. Cook for five or so minutes on medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Add the kale, top the skillet with a lid, lower the heat to simmer, and allow to steam for a few minutes or until the kale is tender.
- Makes two large servings....(302 cal per serving) Enjoy!!!!