NO BAKE HEMP OATMEAL BARS
- NO BAKE HEMP 0ATMEAL BARS
- Serving Size: 1 bar Calories: 259 calories
- 1 cup (225 g) packed, pitted soft dates
- 1/2 cup (75 g) almonds
- 3/4 cup (75 g) oats
- 1/4 cup (40 g) hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup (70 g) natural peanut butter (or any other nut or seed butter)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) maple syrup
- Place the almonds and dates in a food processor or high-powered blender and mix until it forms a crumbly dough.
- Add the oats, hemp seeds, peanut butter and maple syrup and process until it forms a thick dough you can squeeze into a small ball.
- Line a standard-sized loaf pan with parchment paper then firmly press the dough into the pan. Spend a few minutes pressing it in to the corners and flattening the surface.
- Place in the freezer for about 1 hour to firm.
- Use the parchment paper to lift the bars out of the pan then cut into 8 squares or 6 bars and store in the fridge in an air-tight container.
NOTESDates: It’s important to use soft, fresh dates in this recipe as they add moisture and bind the bars. If you don’t have soft dates, pour boiled water over dry dates and soak for 15 minutes then drain before using.
Nut-Free Option: These can be made nut-free by using sunflower seed butter or tahini instead of peanut butter and sunflower seeds instead of almonds.
Storage: Sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or freezer (recommended) for up to 3 months. Okay at room temperature for a day or two, keep cool if possible so they don’t get too soft.