with Chickpeas, Sweet Potato and Apple
Farro Salad with Chickpeas, Sweet Potato and Apple
- Prep Time:5 minutes
- Cook Time:10 minutes
- Total Time:15 minutes
- 1 cup farro
- 1 cup peeled, cubed sweet potatoes or butternut squash
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/2 large apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 2-3 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon cumin, cayenne, paprika, or taco seasoning (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook farro following instructions on package. When cooked, set aside 1/3 of cooked farro and store in the fridge for the other dishes.
While farro is cooking, lightly coat squash with 1 tablespoon of oil and spice of choice (cumin, cayenne, taco seasoning, or none) and place in the microwave for 4-6 minutes until squash is tender.
Chop 1/2 apple into bite sized pieces.
Drain and rinse canned chickpeas
Place cooked farro in a bowl. Add squash, apple, arugula, chickpeas, 2 tablespoons olive oil, juice of 1/2 lemon, and seasonings if desired.
Toss until all ingredients are mixed and evenly coated with oil and lemon juice, and salt and pepper, to taste.